Did you know that in Maya there are many different types of lighting. In this post I will be explaining the different types.
- Direct Light- This is when what you have light coming from the mesh that you have created
- Indirect Light- This is when light bounces off of your mesh
- Point Light- This is when you can choose a point for the light to come from. It emits light from all directions around the point. In Maya you would only be able to see part of your mesh
- Directional Light- This light comes from a certain direction.
- Spot Light- The best type of light because you can change what angle the light comes from
- Area Light- This light is used when you have light coming from somewhere that isn’t in your mesh/room
- Polygon Light Emitters- Made by changing the shaders and the incandescence of a polygon
- Ambient Light- Creates bounced light in a scene. Doesn’t look very good
- Light Linking- Used to light up certain objects in a scene
- Light Intensity- How bright a light is
- Light Colour- The colour of the light
- Ambient Light-